Head Kitchen Porter
We currently have an opportunity for a Head Kitchen Porter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Supervising all kitchen porters and ensure all work is carried out daily and at the maximum Hygiene & Safety standards
- Ensuring all kitchen porter have been trained and their training has been recorded by the Head of Department
- Implementing necessary cleaning (Equipment, floors, walls…etc) schedule to operate the kitchen efficiently
- Undertaking cleaning duties as specified on work schedules in accordance with operating procedures
- Ensuring strict adherence to manufacturers instructions regarding the use of chemical agents and their application
- Monitor chemical use and other supply if necessary
- Operating dish washing machine and other cleaning equipment and utensils in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Cleaning work surfaces, shelving, floors, walls, cupboards, grease filters and grease traps (Staff areas when required)
- Emptying and cleaning rubbish bins and maintaining the room area to a high standard of cleanliness
- Assisting when directed to do so, with stocktaking of crockery, glass, cutlery and other utensils.
- Reporting malfunction of services, equipment and any repair requirements relating to wall surfaces, floors, light fittings or wall switches, to Head of Department.
- Complying fully with all regulations relating to Health and Safety at work Act 1974, hygiene and food handling, fire precautions and emergency procedures and COSHH Regulations
- Wearing protective clothing and footwear in accordance with Company’s directive (Uniform standards) and ensuring a very high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- Never operate any piece of equipment or any power appliance unless having been properly instructed in its use and having demonstrated a competence to do so by signing the training records
- Ensuring correct stock rotation when unloading stock into storage (i.e.: Dry goods, raw products, vegetables…etc)
- Ensuring correct and hygienic handling and processing of food items is maintained
- Exercise proper control of company stock and property, ensuring that the correct use and safe storage of all food items through date stamping/labelling
- To comply fully with all regulations relating to Health and Safety regulations: -
- Fire precautions and emergency procedures
- Hygiene and Food Safety
- Ensure employee conduct is maintained at all times.
- To undergo Continuing professional development via on the job training in order to become capable of working with a minimum of supervision
- Liase with Executive Chef relating to necessary improvements
- Ensure correct staffing levels in relation to business demands
- Develop with Executive Chef, Kitchen porter data for potential Matchday/Casual Porters
- Completion of weekly rota
- Ensure Personnel is regularly informed of staff turnover
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience In a food service Environment
- Effective communicator to all levels
- Delegation and supervisory Skills
- Team Focused
- Hospitality industry experience
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.