To ensure that the catering services are delivered at the required times to the company’s standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets. To take responsibility for food production, to include craft team management / ordering commodities / assisting with stock takes / updating stats and completion of Recipe On Line planning. Responsibility for menu cycle and special dish development / catering committee tastings. Craft Training / Team Building / Assist with Craft Team Recruitment & Interviewing
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA Assist the teams under your control to manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance throughout the unit
- Motivate and lead the craft team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment with Sodexo policies and procedures
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Manage menu development, including providing tasting sessions if required to the client catering committee.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team
- Catering qualifications at 706 1 / 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
No need for Chef School, just a passion for good food! Calling all foodies who want to learn, inspire, be inspired and join our family at the Galleries of Modern Art.
Are you passionate about food? Are you someone who likes creating delicious dinners and cracking cakes? Enjoy playing with different ingredients and taking food adventures? Then we want you! We can teach, we can learn, we can inspire and be inspired!
Café Modern Two is looking for a full time chef to join the team, to make and serve our delicious seasonal lunch menu. From soups, stews, salads and sandwiches, to stovies, risottos and home baking, you must be flexible, passionate and have a keen eye for detail. The emphasis is on fresh, tasty food prepared daily, using local, seasonal produce where possible whilst always staying true to our made from scratch philosophy.
Open seven days a week, Café Modern Two is located in the Gallery of Modern Art Two on Belford Road, Edinburgh. We are much loved by our regulars for our location, salads, soups, hot food, home baking and that friendly welcome.
This is a flexible role, which does include weekends and occasional evenings. Pay is monthly and competitive. If you are interested in finding out more, or believe this could be the perfect job for you please get in touch.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business