This is an excellent opportunity to develop your senior culinary career in a prestigious environment with access to great facilities. In this role, you will join the senior management team at a high profile Independent school, managing a strong team of chefs and working with fresh, locally sourced produce to create menus that enhance the pupil’s performance both in and out of the class room.
As a talented and highly skilled Head Chef, you will have a natural focus on service improvement and be driven by developing the food offer so that the school can be a centre of excellent for fresh food quality.
The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with strong people management, motivation and development skills and a background in craft/offer development across a large site or multiple sites
- Lead the daily delivery, production and strategy for food/retail/hospitality services for a large independent school. This can include up to 700 students and 180 support staff for core feeding, a rising number of events across the year, 4 retail outlets, plus fine dining and functions.
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of Chefs to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop and enhance the service offering and lead the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site.
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene for the kitchen
- Support the GSM in ensuring financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Head Chef or senior culinary role, ideally within volume catering, hospitality and retail.
- Demonstrable people managerial skills and experience of training and developing
- Excellent craft skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- PC literate
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.