We currently have an exciting opportunity for a hands on, customer focussed Head Chef to lead the catering and hospitality operation for a high profile University. With excellent craft skills and flexibility to produce a range of requirements, you will ensure the efficient preparation of high quality food, from daily student feeding to events and functions.
- Lead the delivery and production of quality food for a busy university student feeding operation across 4 food outlets
- Oversee the management of 4 Chefs and 2 Kitchen Porters to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop the hospitality offering and the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site.
- Order and control stock levels and administration
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a similar Head Chef role
- Flexible skills to produce volume catering and formal dining
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
Plus bonus incentive
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.