Due to internal promotion we are looking to recruit a Head Chef for the Sodexo team based at Newcastle United. This role involves preparing and producing food at this fantastic venue, overseeing the kitchen and driving innovation across our offers. With responsibility for managing and controlling purchasing and labour costs you will ensure the annual budget is met. This is an excellent opportunity to join a passionate team.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Monitor waste, ensuring that it is kept to a minimum and action plans are put in place as necessary.
- Compliance to company and statutory regulations relating to “ SEMS “ safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH and purchasing
- Comply with all Company & local authority policies, procedures and statutory regulations including Human Resources, site rules, Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous relevant experience within a similar role
- Experience of training or leading a team
- Flexible to work match days
- IOSH Managing Safely
- CIEH Level 3
Up to £34,000 + Bonus + Benefits
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.