To ensure that the catering services are delivered at the required times to the company’s standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets. To take responsibility for food production, to include craft team management / ordering commodities / assisting with stock takes / updating stats and completion of Recipe On Line planning. Responsibility for menu cycle and special dish development / catering committee tastings. Craft Training / Team Building / Assist with Craft Team Recruitment & Interviewing
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA and contract agreement
- Assist the teams under your control to manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance through out the unit
- Motivate and lead the craft team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment with Sodexo policies and procedures
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Manage menu development, including providing tasting sessions if required to the client catering committee.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team
- Catering qualifications at 706 1 / 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- IT literate
- 40 Hours per week
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Incentive Scheme throughout the year
- Discounts at selected retailers through Sodexo Reward Hub
- Weekend work shift pattern such as “Weekend working generally 1 weekend in 3
- Opportunities to take leave that ties in with school holidays and Christmas periods – get your work life balance back.
- Opportunities for working overtime in unit and at several other very near locations.