This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading company, Independents by Sodexo, to develop your culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities. In this role, you will join the senior management team for an Independent School and provide strategic craft, offer development and daily food production.
The opportunity is therefore suited to Head Chefs with an excellent craft background and ability to coach and inspire a talented team to deliver a first class catering experience to our customers.
- Lead the daily delivery and production of quality food for a boarding school across a 7 day week service – Breakfast, Lunch Dinner. This includes some evening and weekend events linked to School activities, including parents evenings, open mornings, food forums and cookery classes
- The engineering of menus and food offer development, ensuring that we deliver a fresh and high quality offering
- Oversee the management of a catering team, providing coaching, development and training when required.
- Ensure that we deliver food and service that is of a high standard and meets company and client expectation in accordance with current legislation
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a Head Chef role, ideally working within a prestigious environment or educational contract
- Excellent level of craft skill, ideally obtained from a 5 star environment
- Experience of leading a team within a catering operation
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.