- This is an excellent opportunity to develop your senior culinary career in a large school looking to develop and enhance the service offer
- In this role, you will join the management team at a Cheshire comprehensive school and provide food offer development, daily food production/core feeding, and kitchen leadership
- As a talented and highly skilled Head Chef, you will have a natural focus on service improvement and be driven by developing the food offer to meet the evolving need of our customers.
- Lead the daily delivery and production of student core feeding and hospitality services for a large comprehensive school in Cheshire. This can include up to 800 students for core feeding, plus hospitality and retail coffee shop.
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of support chef and catering assistants to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop and enhance the service offering and lead the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site while following Fresh Food from Scratch and Government food guidelines
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene for the kitchen
- Support the GSM in ensuring financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Head Chef or senior culinary role, ideally within volume catering and hospitality
- Demonstrable people managerial skills and experience of training and developing
- Excellent craft skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
Mainly term time role
Monday -Friday hours 7am -2.45pm .
Occasional overtime /occasional evenings weekends
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.