We are currently seeking a Head Chef to work in the one of our Mayo sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Responsibility for the production, preparation and presentations of all food over all shifts within the Unit
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA and contract agreement
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Ordering, stocking and management of all products used within the business
- Overseeing food production menu on other shifts within the operation, working with each shift on food innovation to ehance the overall offier
- Manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site Health & Safety compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- Motivate and lead catering employees to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures over all shifts
- Manage and cover production role throughout the shift when required to cover holidays and other business needs
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
The Ideal Candidate
- Drive and empower a culture focused on efficient delivery of high quality customer experience to grow the business
- Inspire & motivate the team to achieve food to specification and therefore achieve sales and profits
- Creativity, flair and passion is essential as is a strong eye for detail, good financial acumen and the ability to work in a busy site without compromising standards
- Self motivated individual with drive, enthusiasm and commitment to achieve targets
- PC literate with an excellent proficiency in all MS Office, web applications a distinct advantage.
- extremely proactive, motivated, organized and responsible
- Demonstrated operations and people management aptitude with an ability to build, motivate and mentor teams
- Research and facilitate sharing of best practices and standards/guidelines for programs or services
- Ability to think laterally and bring creative and innovative solutions to the table.
- Meet deadlines and make sound decisions, sometimes under stress. Proven record of effecting Strategic change and initiatives where prudent.
Monday to Friday - occasional weekends
39 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: email@example.com
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.