To ensure that the catering services are delivered at the required times to the company’s standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets. To take responsibility for food production, to include craft team management / ordering commodities / assisting with stock takes / updating stats and completion of Recipe On Line planning. Responsibility for menu cycle and special dish development / catering committee tastings. Craft Training / Team Building / Assist with Craft Team Recruitment & Interviewing
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA and contract agreement
- Assist the teams under your control to manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance through out the unit
- Motivate and lead the craft team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment with Sodexo policies and procedures
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Manage menu development, including providing tasting sessions if required to the client catering committee.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team
- Catering qualifications at 706 1 / 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- IT literate
We are looking for an experienced chef who is passionate about producing good quality food in a busy staff restaurant. The successful candidate must be able to work well as a team and build a good relationship with their customers and team alike.
This candidate must have a proven track record at driving sales, managing their margin and wastage and complying with all the legal requirements of the job. But most of all they must be able to produce good quality food in a busy catering environment.
This post is 6.30/7.00 am-2.00/2.30pm Monday to Friday.
There may be a necessity to occasional cover the night shift for holidays which would be 4 weeks of the year only.