This is an excellent opportunity to develop your culinary career in a fantastic environment. In this role, you will lead a great team and provide craft and food offer development and production for a prestigious independent school.
The school has a great reputation for high quality food across daily student feeding, as well as VIP functions, high end hospitality. The opportunity is therefore suited to Chefs with an excellent craft background, passion for fresh food from scratch and the ability to inspire teams to deliver a first class experience to students, staff and visitors.
- Lead the delivery and production for food and hospitality services for a high profile contract. This can include up to 400 students and staff for core feeding, plus events, summer school and conferences.
- Develop and inspire a team of 20 to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop the service offering and fresh food from scratch ethos, plus the engineering of menus and innovation.
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Build key stakeholder relationships with students, clients and customers
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a Head Chef role, ideally within a prestigious environment
- Experience of catering for high profile events and functions
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrable experience of developing and inspiring Chefs
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.