As Head Chef, you'llensure that the catering services are delivered at the required times to the companys standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
You'lltake responsibility for food production, to include craft team management / ordering commodities / assisting with stock takes / updating stats and completion of Recipe On Line planning.
Responsibility for menu cycle and special dish development / catering committee tastings. Craft Training / Team Building / Assist with Craft Team Recruitment & Interviewing
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA andcontract agreement
- Assist the teams under your directionto manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance through out the unit
- Motivate and lead the craft team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment with Sodexo policies and procedures
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Manage menu development, including providing tasting sessions if requiredto the client catering committee.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team
- Catering qualifications at 706 1 / 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- IT literate
Competitive wageplus benefits includingSodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
This is your chance to join usenjoy all the support, training and opportunity you need to develop a career you can be truly proud of.Youll gain great satisfaction from seeing the work you do benefit the lives of other people
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.