Hard Services Manager
Sodexo are currently recruiting for brand new opportunities in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Sodexo are recruiting for a Hard Services Manager to join an attractive client site in Rochester, Kent. We deliver a full IFM service on site with facilities services such as our restaurant & coffee bar; there is also free parking available for employees.
As Hard Services Manager you would manage a large team of engineers and maintenance staff including apprentices. It is essential for the Hard Services Manager to have a strong grounding in managing teams with an electrical bias, previous experience of high and low voltage maintenance is required as well as previously being an Appointed Person (AP).
You will have responsibility of working and planning reactive maintenance on site and your team. It would be advantageous for the Hard Services Manager to have experience in operating global Maximo (planning system) or a similar CAFM system.
At Sodexo health and safety is extremely important to us, we are very focused on our management having the right tools and therefore you will be provided with training on site, previous experience of health and safety systems and a qualification in IOSH is essential, NEBOSH is advantageous. Experience of minor and project works is essential to this role; our projects will total up to £1.25 million in 2018. We offer a salary between £42,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience with attractive benefits including annual leave, pension and retailer discounts.
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
- Be an essential part of the management of a team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
- Co-ordinate labour (direct and sub contract) to ensure delivery of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Service
- Experience of running and delivering Minor works and project works.
- Creation and ownership of weekly and monthly reporting
- Undertake both planned and reactive activity within personal levels of competence and lead their team from a technical perspective. Typically it is expected that the post holder will spend approx. 50% of their time in a ‘hands on’ role and the remainder on supervisory/admin/audit/quality duties.
- Ownership of engineers competence and highlighting training requirements to Site Operations Manager
- Encourage and participate in departmental energy saving schemes and promote the understanding and importance of the economic use of energy.
- Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and make recommendations for sub-contractor nominations.
The Ideal Candidate
- HND or NVQ or equivalent in a relevant subject
- An appropriate level of experience in multi building services and plant engineering, with evidence as a maintenance craftsman preferably within an engineering role.
- Previous appointment as Authorised Person for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Mechanical Services, Confined Spaces, Boiler and Pressure Systems.
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Strong client relationship building
- Strong leadership behaviours
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process