Facilities Manager (Hard Services/Maintenance)
Facilities Manager/Hard Services Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a high profile international University. As Facilities Manager (Hard Services Manager) you will fundamentally focus on the delivery of maintenance, engineering and sub contract activity across the University Campus, ensuring safe, quality and impactful service delivery across multiple buildings. As an experienced and engaging Facilities Manager, you will also act as the deputy senior management for the contract, overseeing all service lines including soft services teams (catering, cleaning, security)
The role offers a rewarding place to work with development opportunity and would be suited to experienced Hard Services Managers with a passion for people management regardless of service line.
- Management of hard services (M&E) services across the University campus, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are delivered to contract agreement.
- Act as deputy management for the contract, team leads in soft service lines (catering, cleaning, security)
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the physical environment and standards of services provided.
- Management of directly employed and mobile engineers (HVAC and Electrician) and subcontractors.
- Management of water hygiene across all sites in-line with ACOP L8 and industry good practice
- Delivery of ‘front line’ repair and/or establishment of reactive M&E requirements and checking of service partner works.
- Liaise with campus users, local residents, local authority and other external bodies to build effective relationships
- Effectively prepare and monitor budgets to ensure efficient use of resources
- Accountable for safety and security of the campus, including compliance and understanding of risk, reporting and governance processes, ensuring that these are fully applied, complied with and adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous technical experience of managing hard services and 3rd party contractors
- Demonstrable technical experience and/or qualification in building services
- Relevant qualifications in mechanical and/or electrical engineering
- Ability to influence change where required
- Customer-facing attitude and excellent team building and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Intelligent approach to performance monitoring including relevant experience
- Resilience when dealing with difficult and challenging people and complex situations
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel & Word
- Available to respond to out of normal hours emergency situations
- Hold a current IOSH or equivalent certification
Plus bonus, flexible benefits and access to a range of corporate benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.