Hard Service Deployment Manager
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Hard Services Deployment Manager with a technical background. You will mobilise/deploy the entire hard services solution for all new contracts in the UK&I ensuring systems are in place, engage with key stakeholders holders at all levels and identify and mitigate risks associated with the Hard FM deployment. Provide leadership and strategy to ensure all Sodexo’s hard services are delivered to an exceptional standard, in a compliant, cost effective and safe way.
A broad and deep knowledge of all aspects of the Hard FM service is required along with the ability to reconcile resourcing conflicts, conduct analysis, be resilient, have high levels of interpersonal skills and operate with minimum supervision in the field. The role will normally deliver 3 to 4 hard services deployments per year with possible extended long periods away from home (average deployment is 12 weeks in duration) so you must be flexible to work away from home during these periods.
- Support the Head of Deployment Hard Services in the review and stress test of the sales/bid team solution and from this identify risks and potential ways to mitigate the risks
- Manage the technical services deployment plan(s), identify and follow critical paths, meet milestones, and report as required to the Head of Hard Services Deployment and the accountable M&C Project Managers
- Engage with the Account senior management team and client (as appropriate) to ensure they understand what technical services are being delivered, the input and support required from them and their responsibilities
- Liaise with the segment Health/Safety and Risk team on due diligence activities to ensure an aligned and integrated approach to mobilisation and to achieve scale of efficiencies
- Support the Service Operation Supply Chain team on the technical aspects of reactive and planned maintenance requirements
- Provide operational and technical advice, as appropriate, to current and newly deployed accounts
- Provide operational interim management support to accounts who lack the capability to manage technical services delivery in an safe and efficient manner if required and authorised
The Ideal Candidate
- A recognised apprenticeship or BTEC IV/HNC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Must have with a commitment to undergo continuing professional development.
- IOSH Working Safely or equivalent, (or a willingness to undertake and complete successfully within 3 months from commencement of employment)
- Experience of delivering and or mobilising Hard Services contracts
- Demonstrable experience of successful contract deployment within a hard services environment
- Competent with the use of MS Office, with the ability to produce reports, financial spread sheets and bespoke one off reports as required
- Focused on setting and achieving deadlines. Results-driven and action oriented
- Customer facing, dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers
- Significant travel is required and may involve extensive periods of working away from home for prolonged periods so you must have a driving licence and be able to work away from home during these periods.
- Previous appointment as an Authorised or Competent Persons in specific discipline(s)
- Recognised formal training in the management of Water Quality
- Previous experience in the use of Integrated Management systems
- NEBOSH general certificate or similar
- Awareness of asset management especially operational processes
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.