Hair & Beauty Tutor
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Hair & Beauty Tutor to deliver level 1 and Level 2 courses in Hair and Beauty.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Delivery of level 1 and 2 courses
- IV and quality assurance
- Deliver accredited and non-accredited learning to the centre’s prisoner trainees.
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures, such as Security, Health and Safety, resident welfare, are adhered to.
- Ensure the safe management of tools and equipment within the Salon setting.
- Manage the behaviour of all residents working in or attending the Salon.
- Complete all paperwork relating to the Salon, including resident pay, individual learning plans, regime, running rolls and purchase orders.
- Develop internal promotional materials and events.
- Contribute towards the development and delivery of learning and skills
The Ideal Candidate
- NVQ level 3 in Hair/Beauty
- Level 3 award in Education and Training or equivalent
- Internal verifier experience (Preferable qualification)
- Experience of embedding and delivering functional skills
- Experience of accessing end of course materials
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, childcare voucher scheme, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.