Sodexo are looking to source an HSEQ Advisor to join our Energy & Resources segment.
The successful candidate will assist in implementing Company HSEQ policy & procedures, deliver training to our on-site teams and maintain quality assurance processes to adhere to the ISO 9001 standard.
This is a challenging yet exciting role and offers excellent career development opportunities. The successful candidate will be required to travel offshore and around the U.K. in line with business needs.
Health & Safety
- Promote a company wide health and safety evaluation and develop a positive safety culture
- Monitor legislative developments and industry initiatives and requirements (particularly “A Step Change in Safety”), measure the company’s current procedures and performance and develop appropriate interventions (systems, policies, training, etc) to close out identified gaps
- Assist in the accident/incident review process including delivery and assessment of remedial and long term corrective action identified
- Develop a yearly visitation schedule which at least adheres to the minimum contract/company standards required
- Lead/assist in and with ad-hoc projects as within in the sphere of influence and expertise.
- Assist the HSEQ Manager in maintaining the QA system that ensures Sodexo Remote Sites commercial interests are protected and the system adheres to minimum standards expected by existing and potential clients
- Undertake internal QA audits via the minimum standard visitation schedule, producing a summary of findings and recommendations
- Ensure all departmental Quality Assurance records are accurately maintained, easy referenced and accessed and a review of all system non-conformance is undertaken including corrective action
- Review all customer complaints and produce a summary of findings, corrective action and ongoing monitoring
- Ensure all company systems are compatible with legislative, industry and client requirements
Training (HSE & QA)
- Liaise with all levels of staff and management to ensure, via annual appraisals and quarterly performance reviews, that all training requirements are identified and recorded
- Liaise with the Learning & Development Manager to ensure all identified training requirements (including via the company’s business plan) are included in the quarterly training plan and are then delivered and learning has been implemented
- Demonstrates a Relentless Commitment of Health & Safety
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable knowledge of internal HSE and QA Systems and legal/industry requirements
- NEBOSHH or British Safety Council Diploma
- At least two years experience at a comparable level (at least middle management level)
- Excellent listening, oral, written and presentation skills are essential
- Particular expertise in long term “education” and “influencing” abilities are desirable
- Proven ability to liaise with all services and systems users with a view to affecting amendments as part of a continuous improvement philosophy
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.