Sodexo are looking for an experienced HSE Manager to join our team in London, leading excellence in health & safety initiatives at a cluster of client sites.
The successful candidate will maintain a sound knowledge of current health & safety legislation and will advise the business on HSE issues whilst supporting the overall HSE strategy.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will be expected to travel between 3 sites in the greater London area, as well as attend meetings and training around the U.K.
- Assist in the implementation of the safety strategy within the London business
- Support and advise managers and supervisors in the management of health and safety systems
- Conduct audits, safety walks and dip checks within the business
- Work to continually improve the safety culture within the business
- Provide training and engagements with all employees when required
- Attend Client and Sodexo meetings as required
- Provide a high level of operational service support to management and operational staff, establishing specific requirements, identifying and facilitating the resolution of all specific issues to provide a high level of support and add value to operations
- Provide HSE support to management of change within the business
- Assistance and support with business continuity plan and exercises
- Collation and presentation of HSE data for the south region including analysis of findings and plans to improve any identified areas of weakness
- Assist in accidents and incident investigations
The Ideal Candidate
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 4 or NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of current H&S legislation
- Competent with Microsoft software packages
- Good organisational/communication skills to produce concise information
- Ability to priorities, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self imposed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Self motivated and able to drive behavior to motivate others
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.