HR Student Placement - Salford University
This position is for Salford University Students.
We will be looking for a student placement in summer 2017, for our HR Shared Service Centre in Salford, PeopleCentre, the centre has been open for three years and has continued to grow. The team provides excellent front line customer support to the Sodexo business, working in a team; you will be involved in taking phone calls relating to HR advice and resolving queries related to HR processes.
The team work closely together and often have social events to promote team building, the Corporate Social Responsibility and the Social Committee love to arrange events such as taking part in the ‘Great Manchester Run’ to raise money for our nominated charity.
7.45am - 4.15pm and 9.45am - 6.15pm. These are alternated weekly.
This role involves providing a HR Helpdesk query handling service for customers, handling calls in a responsive, efficient and customer focused manner. Working to Service Level Agreements, and using a Customer Service Management system to log calls that can’t be resolved immediately, you will seek to answer a variety of questions related to pay, annual leave, sickness, travel and new starters. Reporting to the HR Customer Service Team Leader, you will support other teams during busy periods and liaise with other departments when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Customer service focused and committed to providing a helpful, friendly, responsive HR service
- Ability to identify situations, which could result in potential customer complaints, in order to prevent the complaint from occurring
- Well organised with ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Accurate keyboard and data entry skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
£14,500 + Benefits
About the Company
Sodexo UK and Ireland employs some 34,000 people who provide quality of life services at some 1,850 locations for clients in the public and private sector in the corporate; education; healthcare; defence; leisure and justice sectors. The company is a trusted facilities management partner for many high profile clients including the Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Justice; University College London; Eton College; Ascot Racecourse; Scottish Parliament; GSK; AstraZeneca to name just a few.