An opportunity has arisen for a role based within the healthcare segment, based at Central Manchester PFI. Working closely with the site HR team, this is a great opportunity for someone who would like to progress in developing a HR career.
As HR Advisor you will provide support in recruiting, engagement and absence management, supporting the site operational teams. We are looking for someone who hasgood HR knowledge,excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads.
This is an ideal opportunity to work in a unionised environment with complex terms and conditions and to experience the day to day challenges and opportunities in an operational setting.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Take minutes at grievances, investigations and disciplinary meetings
- Check investigation reports and preparing case documents in line with Trust or Sodexo policy
- Recruitment co-ordination of non-ROE frontline staff
- Maintain accurate personnel records
- Preparation of HR related letters
- Conduct HR file and Blue Arrow audits, maintaining accurate personnel records
- Liaise with union representatives in order to set up meetings
- Support managers on first line HR administration matters relating to absence management, unauthorised absence and disciplinary cases using both Sodexo and Trust policies as appropriate, attending meetings where appropriate
- Support the preparation of monthly statistics and returns for the Trust and other information as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to prepare written reports
- Organised, methodical with a high attention to detail
- Strong IT skills preferably with experience of HR systems, spread sheet analysis techniques and T&A systems
- Good verbal communication skills with an excellent telephone manner
- Knowledge of contracts of employment and terms and conditions
- Numerate with ability to work with pay rates and percentages
- Previous experience of working within a unionised environment is desirable
- CIPD Level 3 or working towards is desirable
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.