Grounds / General Maintenance Operative
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Grounds/Maintenance Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- All Grounds Maintenance operations shall be executed in a tidy and workmanlike manner, and in accordance with good horticultural practice and all relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- To ensure that all Barriers, Notices and Safety Signs are used in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, and to ensure that correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Minimum use of Pesticides and Herbicides consistent with maintaining standards. Only use recommended chemicals as per manufacture’s instructions, and with correct legal training provided, adhering to all COSHH Regulations.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays
- Ensure all equipment is kept maintained and is in safe working order. Report any defects to the Facilities Manager immediately
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Areas to maintain include grassed areas, shrubs and borders, hard and gravelled areas, drainage ditches, woodland areas.
- During adverse weather you will be required to clear ice and snow and to keep areas free of standing water.
- The role would also involve covering other area such as cleaning inside the building
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of grounds work would be preferable but not essential.
- The role does involve some heavy lifting and the use of machinery.
Driving licence preferred
if intrested call Tony Reed contract supervisor on 07825 716204 or email him on Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.