Grounds / General Maintenance Operative
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Grounds/Maintenance Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Have full knowledge of all areas of Grounds / General Maintenance for the Training Centre at Easingwold.
- All Grounds Maintenance operations shall be executed in a tidy and workmanlike manner, and in accordance with good horticultural practice and all relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- To ensure that all Barriers, Notices and Safety Signs are used in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, and to ensure that correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Minimum use of Pesticides and Herbicides consistent with maintaining standards. Only use recommended chemicals as per manufacture’s instructions, and with correct legal training provided, adhering to all COSHH Regulations.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays
- Ensure all equipment is kept maintained and is in safe working order. Report any defects to the Facilities Manager immediately
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Areas to maintain include grassed areas, shrubs and borders, hard and gravelled areas, drainage ditches, woodland areas.
- During adverse weather you will be required to clear ice and snow and to keep areas free of standing water.
- The role would also involve covering other area such as cleaning inside the building
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of grounds work would be preferable but not essential.
- The role does involve some heavy lifting and the use of machinery.
- Working as a General Site Operative:
- AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION IS HAVING A FULL UK, PREFERABLY CLEAN, DRIVING LICENCE, and for Sodexo's insurance purposes the following is essential:
- be aged 25 years + and
- have at least 2 years relevant driving experience
- We operate Demand Led Scheduling that will discussed in detail at interview
- Working Monday to Friday 07.30 - 15.30 with occasional Saturday / Sunday working as required
- This position involves: general maintenance / grounds maintenance / landscaping / gardening / external wet cleaning / pressure washing / internal and external window cleaning / portering / meeting room configuration
- This role involves working across a large site so requires the successful individual to be physically fit
- We require all our staff to have excellent customer service skills in order for us to continue to provide our Clients and customers with this level of service and customer care
- Therefore very good verbal communication skills are essential
- The successful candidate must be willing to be flexible and versatile
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.