Graduate Training Coordinator Opportunity (Hospitality & Events)
We are now looking for a Training Coordinator to proactively support the team at Ascot Racecourse with the administration of the Ascot Academy Training programme for casual team members. You will be supporting the Training Advisor in the development and administration of training initiatives to support with service excellence ensuring we meet the high standards expected by our Client.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
This varied role is part of the HR & Staffing team we have onsite at Ascot. You will be involved in supporting with the delivery and administration of the Ascot Academy Training Programme for our casual teams, along with maintaining and updating our E-Learning system. You will on-boarding new starters and supporting the Service Excellence Manager, this will involve:-
- Manage and monitor feedback on our casual staff
- Supporting the training of staff during race days and events i.e. training on tills, customer service, and hospitality service as per company and unit policy
- To monitor and compile all training documentation and paperwork
- Conduct regular uniform and standard checks during race days
- To conduct spot checks on staff during race days to ensure that team members on site have sufficient knowledge and skill level
- Create documents such as newsletters and team briefs to update and engage casual teams and keep them informed about activities on site
- Manage social media platforms to engage with casual teams including the Be More Than a Spectator Website
- Develop documentation and collateral to support our service excellence objectives
You will also work closely with our staffing team through the support of recruitment days and assessment centres and communicate with employees regarding important information relating to race days and events.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for confident, passionate people that care about Service Excellence. To be successful in this role you will need to be highly organised, confident and have good administration skills. Applicants that have experience in hospitality will be preferred, especially within a customer facing position. This role will require working some weekends and evenings, especially during the busy racing season.
Up to £20,000
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.