Global Buyer (Food Buyer / Retail)
Working as part of the newly re-structured Global Supply Management Food team, based in Holborn, London or Stevenage, you'll manage the assigned food categories within the scope of responsibility, increase the international coverage of the managed area and drive efficiency and commercial competitiveness for the Group
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management.
- Manage the assigned global categories under the scope of responsibility.
- Establish close relationship with the Regional buyers
- Ensure a good alignment and on boarding of the key stakeholders within the Food / FM platforms
Improve Group profitability by optimizing International Agreements with Global Suppliers
- Negotiate International Agreements
- Generate savings and Increase International revenues
Set up, initiate and maintain professional relationships with the Global Suppliers network in order to :
- Reinforce the image and the credibility of Sodexo
- Identify the technological developments and innovations from the supplier base
Work with SM Finance to ensure robust reporting and measurement of the Global Supply Management performance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Comprehensive experience in supply management - food buying background essential, ideally retail
- Ability in working in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Proven-track records in contract negotiation,
- Team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Financial acumen and result orientated
- Flexible for frequent international travels
- Graduate calibre and working towards CIPS/ISM or equivalent qualification
- International experiencehighly desirable;
- Fluency in English; French / Spanish advantageous
Competitive salary + benefits includingbonus, pension andflexible benefits scheme etc
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.