General Site Operative’
We currently have an opportunity for a Light Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Competent at DIY – Painting & Decorating
- An solid understanding of Health & Safety Matters
- Overseeing and supervising with Large Deliveries (Plant) and coordination / communication with building occupants
- Planned & Reactive Building Fabric Repairs excluding Electrical On Site – External Hygiene - Litter Picking, Sweeping Kerbs, Weeding
- Helping with events / Meeting Room Re Configuration
- Any other reasonable Tasks / Request
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Operations Manager, Security Lead, Group Security Manager and/or Honda management team
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing to an excellent standard
- IT literate
- Exhibits characteristics of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling good relations with customers, Clients and colleagues
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to organise oneself and prioritise tasks and work alone
- Copes well under pressure in emergency situations
- Identifies and communicates potential problems to Operations Manager
- Ability to attend training courses some of which may be off site
- Has the ability to take pride in tasks undertaken
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.