General Services Manager
Are you ready for your next move in Facilities Management?
This is an exciting role for a General Services Facilities Manager to manage the delivery of both soft and hard services on site including cleaning, catering and technical services.
This role has a strong emphasis on cleaning services.
- Manage the on-site contract and services to the agreed standards, ensuring targets are achieved
- £4milion t/o and 35 team members
- Maximise the profitability of the contract and manage costs effectively
- Manage the onsite client and Sodexo services and teams to deliver the agreed SLA and standards, acting as Sodexo primary representative on site
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting Sodexo strategies
- Build long-term relationships with client(s)
- Lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- Support the account manager in the development of business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems, processes and services
- Support the business development and regional management teams to identifying opportunities with other clients to maximise profit and growth
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment and a contract of a similar size and scope of services
- People management experience – especially large teams operating across different shifts and services
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Excellent communication skills
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work in a partnership and collaborative way with other service providers
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- IOSH qualification
- Experience of delivering training
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process