General Services Manager (Soft Services)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced General Services Manager to take overall day to day responsibility for the operational management of contracted services at Imperial Hammersmith Hospital, London.
You will ensure that Sodexo continuously and effectively support the Trustâs clinical needs to the agreed specified agreements and contract specification for the FM services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your operational management career on site with a very prestigious Healthcare contract. We are looking for an exceptional people focused Manager to oversee all soft services including, cleaning, patient dining, portering and helpdesk and to drive new business at this high profile contract.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Manage the day to day on-site operation and ensure service delivery is of the highest quality and patient focused with an significant emphasis on standards
- Ensure a safe environment for all users of the hospital
- Directly manage a large team ensuring that each manager delivers their specific services within the agreed budget
- Ensure the management team is motivated and engaged and undertake employee reviews
- Have full P&L responsibilities for all the services being managed, and accountability to deliver against company budgets
- Ensure labour management targets are met
- Develop and manage a professional client retention and communication strategy, attending meetings with the Trust as required
- Ensure a positive relationship with Trust contract representatives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven senior level operational experience as a facilities manager
- Experience of managing soft FM services within a demanding environment
- Experience in managing and developing a large workforce
- Ability to manage a range of operations against an agreed specification demonstrating strong P&L management expertise and commercial awareness
- Be able to negotiate with and influence internal and external decision makers
- Strong leadership qualities, whilst having the ability to act as an effective Team Player within the Service Management Team
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, senior managers and directors
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continuous improvements to service delivery.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Band C - access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus, pension scheme and car allowance
40 hours per week Monday â Friday, flexibility is a must.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.