General Services Manager (Catering, Retail, Hospitality)
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your senior management career in a prestigious environment. As General Services Manager, you will lead the delivery of catering, hospitality and retail services and build long term client relationships at a high profile Independent school. This is a prestigious contract and will therefore provide the opportunity to showcase your leadership skills and develop within a growing business.
This position will suit an innovative manager, who is passionate about quality, high standards of service and developing new ideas and services.
- Efficient management of the daily catering and retail services for pupils and staff, ensuring quality fresh food and high standards of service delivery
- Lead an extensive hospitality operation which includes up to 1,800 events per year ranging from small dinners to large graduation events
- Effectively lead and develop a large team which includes college staff aswell.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets.
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a senior catering general management role, with high expectation of service standards.
- Demonstrable experience of leading hospitality and events
- Experience of managing a large team and operation within a prestigious environment
- Strong attention to detail and passionate about service development
- Confidence to lead, develop and engage teams
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.