Food Service Supervisor
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Food Service Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the best customer service is received by staff and clients
- A high level of communication and leadership skills
- Leading by example, demonstrating great team work and show the ability to both give and follow instruction
- Ensuring that your team has the relevant training, development and performance reviews to enable them to satisfy both personal and client expectations
- Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals and beverages to customers
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Cleanliness and replenishing of vending machines
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous supervisory experience, ideally in a food and beverage related environment or a strong, experienced Food Service Assistant with the potential to develop in to a supervisory role
- Possess good customer service skills
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- The ability to follow instructions
- Basic Food Hygiene & Basic Health & Safety Certificate are advantageous but not essential for this role
We are looking for a keen and passionate Supervisor to join our team. We operate a 70 seater sports café alongside onsite hospitality from 7.00am - 10.00pm, 7 days a week.
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of this exciting business who can bring fresh ideas and help develop our thriving business.
Duties within this role:
- Serve customers in a timely and efficient manner, following training and promoting ‘add on’ sales
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your work place, this will include but not limited to fire; health and safety; food hygiene; working safely; COSHH
- Manage the front of house team to provide excellent customer service in all aspects of services provided.
- To manage all aspects of service preparation and presentation to company standard
- Provide an efficient and friendly service to customers, serve customers in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure counters, service and eating areas are stocked, well presented, clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure all areas in Sodexo control are clean and hygienic at all times, carry out and direct team to carry out cleaning duties as per cleaning schedules or as directed
- To be responsible for fair scheduling of work within the team and managing direct reports time keeping, breaks and behaviors as per company policies
- Ensure the team are engaged and are carrying out duties as expected.
- Assist in managing, training and development of staff in both day to day tasks and out of unit training
- Hold daily briefs and be part of weekly huddles and management meetings as required
- ‘Walk the customer journey’ regularly during shifts to ensure high standards of customer satisfaction, listening to customer needs and bringing suggestions and ideas to improve service and offer, keep up with latest trends in the market and local offers.
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your work place, this will include but not limited to fire; health and safety; food hygiene; working safely; COSHH.
- Complete all records as directed accurately and in timely manner
- Manage stock control and ordering, reducing waste and driving sales
- Operate till and check floats and cash up as directed
- Assist with daily and weekly trading as required
- Ensure the safety and security of company and client property and money
- Report all complaints and compliments to line manager, taking action where practicable
- Report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities to line manager, taking appropriate action where possible
- Support and deliver hospitality when required
- Actively promote a flexible working culture between areas and staff, both self and direct reports taking initiative in colleagues absence from work area and covering where required
- Any other ad-hoc duties
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.