Food Service Assistant
We are currently seeking a Food Service Assistant to work in one of our Waterford sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative
- Provide Excellent Customer Care.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene, cleanliness and neatness ensuring full uniform is worn at times. To comply with Statutory Hygiene Regulations in handling and storage of food and beverages
- To assist as directed with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company's standard and ensuring adherence to legislation including HACCP.
- To serve the customer to the company's standard.
- To promote a friendly and welcome atmosphere, and utilise selling techniques to the benefit both the company and the Client.
- General Cleaning Duties.
- To act in the interests of your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in food handling, cleaning and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene or HACCP.
- Further training, will be provided by the organisation.
- Customer Service – a strong commitment and track record in providing a high level of customer service in a busy environment.
- Communication – good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate positively to customers at all level.
- Flexibility – the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.
Food Service Assistant
Monday to Friday
39 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: Linda.firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process