Food Service Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Prepare and present food to the notified standard, ensuring the ethos of Fresh Food from Scratch is followed
- To ensure all work areas and surfaces are clean and tidy as is practical at all times, especially at the end of the day/shift
- To serve customers in a quick, polite manner ensuring good customer service at all times
- Replenish food and equipment to ensure an efficient and seamless service
- Clear and clean work areas after the service periods
- To complete any administration as requested including food temperatures, cleaning schedules, delivery temperatures, stock takes etc.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regards to special dietary requirements, allergens and shelf life
- To ensure the kitchen is maintained in a clean, organized manner and all food safety and health and safety policies and procedures are followed
- To undertake cleaning duties including manual pot washing and use of a commercial dishwasher
- To receive, check and store all deliveries ensuring adherence to company policies
- To dispose of waste from the catering areas and refectory, as per company procedure, to school designated collection points.
- To complete all cleaning schedules to the agreed standard
- To work on a till (either cash taking or cashless) at service times when required
- To promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues
- To undertake training and comply with all company policies and procedures
- To raise any issues to the Head Chef or Catering Manager in a timely manner
- To report any incidents of accident, near miss, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food or any other irregularities
- To work at school events, as required, with occasional evening and weekend work
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested
- To carry out any reasonable request by management
- To assist in other local units as may be necessary in an emergency
The Ideal Candidate
- Good interpersonal skills - calm nature
- Enthusiastic - Displays a natural and sustained enthusiasm and energy
- Self-Motivated - Needs no encouragement to make things happen
- Strong but Flexible - Always prepared to listen and consider the views of others
- Positive - Focuses on what CAN be done
- Personal Appearance - Recognizes importance that appearance has on the attitudes of others
- Responsible - Conscious of the consequences of action or inaction
- Conscientious - Demonstrates a commitment to get things done on or before agreed deadlines
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.