Food Service Assistant
To provide excellent customer service from the preparation, presentation and service of food, beverages and vending services to the client & Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Comply with all Company and client policies, procedures and statutory regulations, including human resources, site rules, health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire, COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace (Specific Site Rules)
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies, ensuring completion of daiy allergens log.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good communications skills
- Experience of working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality.
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic Certificate in general hygiene
- Experience of working in an environment where compliance to standards is key.
- Knowledge of Company IT systems such as PayIT
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers are available.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme