Food Service Assistant
As a Food Service Assistant, you will be customer facing and representing Sodexo on a daily basis. You will be expected to communicate with our customers in a professional and approachable manner helping to create a home away from home for our soldiers.
Your role will require you to use EPOS tills as well as complete minor food cooking and preparation tasks and serve behind hotplates. You will also be required to complete various cleaning tasks in line with cleaning schedules.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of todays rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
Were proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
- Cleanliness and hygiene standards of your work area.
- Reporting of accidents and near misses to a Supervisor or designated person.
- Effectively communication with all colleagues and customers.
- Reporting all Food Safety concerns and incidents to a Supervisor.
- Brand Ambassador for Sodexo.
- Increase company profit through suggestive selling and menu knowledge.
*please see attached job description below
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Proven track record of employment within the catering/hospitality/retail industry.
- Basic food hygiene qualification.
- Access to a very popular and generous employee discount scheme.
- Holiday entitlement of 20 days plus 8 bank holidays per year which increases with length of service.
- Full uniform provided including safety shoes.
- Company sick pay entitlement of 5 full days after 6 months employment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.