Food Outlet Manager (Fast Food)
We are currently looking for an experienced Food Outlet Manager to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to join one of our growing retail accounts within our Healthcare segment, where you can contribute to providing our patients, staff and visitors with the high quality facilities and services they require. All done in a timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active manner, ensuring targets and legal requirements are maintained.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join Sodexo, as we are currently undergoing major changes and site improvements at one of our sites. We are fast developing our retail offer at Royal Stoke University Hospitals and would really benefit from a Manager with a Catering Retail background – ideally that of a fast food restaurant.
Our retail and leisure facilities are being developed to combine high street style restaurants, cafés, outlets, pharmacy and shops.
Ideally, we are seeking a candidate with 'like for like' experience and skill set. However, if you have proven leadership within any sector and have worked in retail in any capacity during your career then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone who has strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels, along with good time management and organisational skills.
- Take responsibility and lead approx. 30 employees – ensuring employees are engaged and motivated
- Assist the Retail Concessions Manager to deliver budgeted profit and turnover for services and accounts
- Be responsible for financial management of the allocated budget for area ensuring that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Oversee compliance on food and H&S legislation, ensuring effective communications with the local EHO and taking all necessary actions within area of responsibility
- Promote effective two way communication within all levels of staff in area. This will include ensuring that team briefings take place and that Company and Trust objectives and values are clearly understood
- Champion the CARES programme to ensure all staff are committed to delivering high levels of customer service at all times communicated.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working within a retail/sales environment with proven record of managing to budget requirements – ideally a food service background
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a multi-service environment
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.