HMP Northumberland are recruiting for a Flooring Installers to provide installation and maintenance works within the prison with regard to all types of flooring.
As a working prison, we work towards the resettlement of residents upon their release into the community and their integration into society through the skills acquired while in our care. We are committed to supporting people to change their lives for the better and lead law-abiding lives.HMP Northumberland offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to help residents engage within the prison’s rehabilitative culture. This includes various educational and vocational qualifications, as well as a variety of opportunities for residents to learn new skills within our workshops and industries departments. We have textile, engineering and electrical workshops and can offer prisoners experience in horticulture, market gardens, cleaning, waste management and laundry services on site.
Being over 4 miles in circumference, the prison is a vast space with exceptionally kept plantation and currently houses over 1300 residents with a range of sentence terms.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to all systems associated to flooring.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out and report in detail any substandard or defective areas.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services to specific areas.
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required.
- All work to be carried out by the relevant trade standards.
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times.
- Undertake duties, as required that contribute to the effective operation of the prison
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a positive approach to Health and Safety
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks.
- Ability to work to correct time schedules and deadlines.
- Possess relevant trade qualification in floor laying and demonstrate skills
- Ability to perform tasks alone or in a team to a high standard without constant supervision
- Able to assist other trades within the department
£25,000 per annum
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
About the Company
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.