We currently have an opportunity for aFloor Captainto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Take delivery and sort post and packages, both internal and external.
- X-ray scan all incoming external post or parcels.
- Deliver and collect post from post points twice a day at set intervals.
- Deliver recorded or special post and packages to customers desks and obtain signatures.
- Log all parcels received on site into relevant logs.
- Frank external post to be delivered.
- Fill out data for post incoming/outgoing/franking numbers in to relevant spreadsheets.
- Ensure all post is ready to be collected for different post companies for their allocated time.
- Deliver/collect post from the Shuttle Lounge in the evening.
- Daily floor walks to be undertaken. Any faults found need to be logged with the helpdesk.
- Check pantries and toilets to ensure they are clean and safe and replenished.
- Check shower rooms to ensure they are clean and safe.
- Be visible for any customer queries.
- Monitor the water machine behind Reception. Replenish cups when necessary. Ensure the machine is clean and in a good working condition.
- Call appropriate services/log with appropriate helpdesk if any rooms and/or facilities need attention.
Hubs and Resource Point Support
- Ensure all stationary cupboards are filled with the correct levels of stationary as per core list.
- Ensure sufficient levels of A4 and A3 paper are available.
- Replenish caddies and fridges in all kitchen points.
- Replenish milk in fridges.
- Undertake regular stock takes for stationary and kitchen stock.
- Provide first response support for any printer issues.
- Monitor toner levels for all printers and change when required.
- Update notice boards to ensure information is current.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean.
- Deal with any customer queries or direct them to Senior Floor Captain.
- Ensure Hub TV screens are switched on for 08:00 am and switched off at 17:00.
- Check waste receptacles are not overflowing, if so arrange for receptacle to be emptied.
- Ensure paper towels are replenished throughout the day.
Meeting Room Support
- Check meeting rooms to ensure good housekeeping and the correct amount of chairs for the rooms capacity.
- Provide AV assistance when required. This will also involve HDVC assistance and be point of contact for Yorktel remote support.
- Check all floor boxes closed correctly, not causing a trip hazard and no cables trapped. Report any damaged cabling to helpdesk.
- Ensure all table top cables are not damaged and are working correctly. Replace if necessary.
- Check all TVs in meeting rooms to ensure these are ready for the customer to use.
- Check and replenish all meeting room presentation facilities flip charts full and clear of previously used sheets, marker pens, white boards clean.
- Check air conditioning/heating levels in rooms. Report any faults to the helpdesk.
- Meeting rooms are checked in/out using tablets outside the room. These need to be checked and any faults reported to the IT team.
Provide cover when necessary for lunches/holidays.
Safety and Compliance
- You must ensure that you do not act in any way that endangers your health and safety or that of others.
- All accidents and unsafe situations must be reported immediately and accidents recorded in the Accident Book and/or Salus
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- To enjoy working as part of a team.
- To present a smart and courteous manner at all times.
- A proactive attitude with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexibility that is focused to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload to meet customer demands.
- Ability to keep a calm and professional manner when dealing with our clients.
- Attention to detail, with a critical eye to identify report and follow up unacceptable standards with buildings.
- An understanding of health, safety and environment.
- An ability to work to demanding timeframes and deliver to customer and line management expectations.
- An ability to prioritize and work to changing demands, and an appreciation of other peoples priorities.
- Experience in prioritization of service delivery in a similar environment.
- Understanding or experience of a working mailroom environment.
- Computer literate.
- Familiar with Sodexos policies and procedures
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.