Fixed Term - Assistant Domestic Manager (Cleaning)
Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Domestics Manager on a fixed term contract, to maintain a clean and hygienic patient environment in line with the National Specifications for Cleanliness, at our prestigious St Mary’s Hospital, London – part of the Imperial College Contract.
Working as part of an integral team, you’ll ensure patients receive care in an environment that is clean, safe, caring and welcoming, whilst ensuring the highest possible standard of cleanliness for all users. You’ll limit risk of Healthcare associated infections through developing, implementing and monitoring infection control practices whilst assisting in the management and delivery of the domestic service that meets contractual obligations and KPI’s and is compliant with Trust policies and procedures.
The aim of this role is to deliver a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active domestic service that meets the needs of our service users, being courteous, helpful and efficient, ensuring high standards of customer care and demonstrating commitment to a positive patient experience.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Ensure patients receive care in an environment that is clean, safe, caring and welcoming at all times
- Ensure the highest possible standard of cleanliness for all our service users, ensuring the risk of healthcare associated infections are minimised
- Seek to raise standards, improve service quality and develop innovative service solutions, by close performance measurement of all people within your team
- Maintain effective, meaningful, positive, & clear communication with ward managers, matrons and service users
- Develop policies and procedures to improve service delivery and manage the implementation of these
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a cleaning team
- Proven supervisory experience of a diverse workforce in service environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations, responding quickly to problems as they arise
- Computer literate
- Experience in training
- Institute of Environmental Health Officers Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must. Monday – Friday, however occasional weekends will be required and flexibility is a must
Fixed term contract for 1 year to cover maternity leave
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.