As Finance Analyst, you’ll develop, maintain and analyse accurate weekly and monthly KPIs and Management Information, assisting the management team in the efficient running and improvement of the contact and ensuring the delivery of budget/forecast targets.
You’ll support the production of accurate monthly accounts through the implementation and review of finance procedures across all services.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Develop and maintain various financial models and standard templates to assist in the effective running of the contract
- Produce and review weekly reporting for the operational teams to use, assisting them in identifying areas requiring action
- Produce monthly review packs for the management teams (including analysis of actual v budget, actual v forecast, forecast projection) for discussion
- Assist in the analysis and review labour KPIs to identify areas requiring action
- Assist service managers in the review of operational procedures to ensure the integrity of the data in all reports produced.
- Analyse and report on monthly stock holding levels, working with service managers to ensure that stock levels are optimised
- Actively work with the management team to raise commercial and contract awareness across the site to all Sodexo employees in order to optimise financial performance within the framework of the contract
- Work with the segment retail analyst and site service manager to develop and implement site specific retail reporting to drive efficiencies and improve profit.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of Management accounts and working within a busy accounts environment
- Strong analytical skills; able to understand complex performance issues and advise upon and priorities action plans to resolve such issues
- Experience of working with non-finance personnel, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels within Sodexo and externally with suppliers and Trust
- Ability to develop team members’ effectiveness using coaching and facilitation skills and successfully implement changes
- Ability to process data and generate meaningful management information, produce financial reports in a clear and concise manner for financial and non-financial personnel
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively
- Ability to process data from disparate sources and generate meaningful management information
- Knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team and flexible in approach
- Knowledge of Financial Systems/ Tools including SAP & Hyperion
- A qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexible to meet the needs of the business
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.