Act as the main day to day financial support for the General Catering Manager to help maximise the profitability of the contract. Overall responsibility for the timely and accurate processing of all financial information required to accurately produce the Client Invoice.
Other duties include providing reports for monthly and quarterly reviews with key stake holders, monthly forecasting and preparing annual budgets. To include managing debt to ensure payments are received on time.
- Support the General Catering Manager / Managers by providing information for client meetings (e.g. quarterly reviews) and proposals for new and existing services.
- Complete the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast process with the General Catering Manager and senior site managers.
- Produce management information for the operational team on a timely and effective basis
- Manage profit & loss accounting activities, ensuring timely and accurate results including the preparation client invoices using SAP and UDC billing
- Processing of all supplier invoices using Eprofit.
- Review and analyse site performance and provide commentary prior to declaration of results.
- Maintaining a robust forecasting process across the area, identifying issues and opportunities and ensuring that the CD and senior site managers have plans in place to address them.
- Uphold ethical standards in their area and ensure financial control environment is properly implemented in their division, especially around cash, stock and cost control in their units.
- Analyse performance trends and opportunities and determine how best the insight from this work can be turned into real performance improvements in the business. Once agreed, support and drive the implementation of this into your business e.g. labour management.
- Manage contract Administration which includes hospitality booking process
- During peak service times supporting front of house by operating a cash register
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in a similar role or an accounting qualification is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of working with non-finance colleagues
- Strong inter-personal skills – ability to work with colleagues and clients of all levels
- SAP skills
- Experience of using unit reporting system and EPOS
Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: Brenda.Flaherty@sodexo.com
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.