HMP Northumberland are recruiting for a Finance Administrator on a 12 months fixed term contract.
As a Finance Administrator you will liaise with finance shared services, suppliers and departments for purchase to pay processes and also process purchase orders and of ad hoc Sales invoices.
As a working prison, we work towards the resettlement of residents upon their release into the community and their integration into society through the skills acquired while in our care. We are committed to supporting people to change their lives for the better and lead law-abiding lives.HMP Northumberland offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to help residents engage within the prison’s rehabilitative culture. This includes various educational and vocational qualifications, as well as a variety of opportunities for residents to learn new skills within our workshops and industries departments. We have textile, engineering and electrical workshops and can offer prisoners experience in horticulture, market gardens, cleaning, waste management and laundry services on site.
Being over 4 miles in circumference, the prison is a vast space with exceptionally kept plantation and currently houses over 1300 residents with a range of sentence terms.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Raise and receipt purchase orders.
- Maintain and reconcile payroll costs.
- Reconcile the Goods Receipt Note (GRN) and unallocated GRN reports.
- Raise sales orders and manager supplier queries.
- Support the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Liaise and work with Business Shared Services Client Masterfiles in order to manage and maintain quality data relating to all client master data – including but not limited to general ledger coding, billing details, payment terms.
- Adhere and manage in accordance with all Sodexo policies and procedures, escalating areas of non-compliance where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Part Qualified / Experience in an accounting environment would be advantageous
- Ability to build positive relationships within Finance and across the prison and wider Sodexo business
- Has a ‘right first time’ and ‘can do ‘ attitude
- Computer literate, particularly with excel
- Knowledge of SAP or other large ERP system
- Ability to work on own initiative, and accurately under pressure whilst achieving deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise, manage your own workload, be flexible, cope with demand and achieve deadlines
£20,000 per annum
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday
12 months fixed term contract
About the Company
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.