Finance Administrator (Part Time)
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a part time Finance Administrator to provide administrative and finance support to HMP Forest Bank and the wider business.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Provide administrative and finance support to HMP Forest Bank and the wider business.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained for residents monies on a daily basis using the various computer packages. This is to include reception cash, monies received via the post/internet and make any advances and deductions.
- Maintain and update the BT pin system daily and provide any monthly reports
- Accurately ensure all residents are paid in a timely manner; liaising with other departments and using the CMS, Scheduling and the Forest Bank Pay Policy.
- Make certain all released and transferred residents accounts are up to date and discharged accurately in a timely manner via cash or cheque; all repayments made where possible and property accounted for.
- Regularly bank resident monies and any other monies on site.
- Log all valuable property received and all given out. Carry out all audits and destruction of valuable property in accordance with the guidelines within the PSI’s.
- Ensure completed and relevant reports are carried out within the agreed required timescales; daily and monthly. These include CMS, BT pin system and petty cash.
- Deal with general enquiries and correspondence from both internal departments and external service providers.
- Undertake all postal duties.
- Maintain stock control and order any stationary and financial consumables.
- Complete all other administrative duties in line with audit requirements, finance policies and PSI’s.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills, ability to multitask, prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and autonomously.
- Must be highly motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Must be fully aware of and follow the guidelines surrounding Data protection and confidentiality.
- Experience of working within an administrative/finance environment.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, deadline orientated department.
- Attention to detail.
Salary £9,233.25 per annum plus 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rated), free meals on duty, gym access, pension and shopping discounts.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC