Facilities Team Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for aFacilities Team Assistantto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Growth, client and customer satisfaction
- Have a strong understanding of all service offers contained within the client contract with a sound ability to draw upon Centres of Excellence where appropriate
- Contribute to the contract and deliver to the SLA(s) and standards required
- Understand Sodexo responsibilities in relation to the service delivery
Rigorous management of results
- Contribute to the Sodexo accountancy, documentation and administration procedures, ensuring they are delivered to the required contractual specifications
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offers and Service Level Agreement at all times. Assisting with regular service audits and perform activities detailed in the service offer specification under Key Performance Indicators to frequency and level required
- Utilise systems such as Maximo and other Sodexo systems as and when required
- Ensure that stock is managed and controlled effectively
- Implement, maintain and communicate to employees the client, and Sodexo standards and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health and safety, food hygiene and Company Quality Management system in order to ensure compliance
- Where relevant, ensure correct usage and cleanliness of equipment, reporting defects as required
- Where relevant, ensure maximum security of the site, e.g. kitchen, stores, office, safe and cash handling and adhere to all relevant Sodexo policies and procedures
- Support with the process of payroll ensuring it is within a timely manner and within company policy
- To ensure that all statutory regulations and Sodexo policies concerning the employees and casual workers are adhered to
- Have a broad understanding of all Sodexo risk, reporting and governance processes; ensuring compliance with all Sodexo, client and onsite policies and procedures/systems and statutory regulations and ensure that licences and qualifications are met and retained and consequences managed appropriately
- Ensure that health and safety is given the number one priority by delivering all Safeguard administration in advance of and during logistical operations. Lead where appropriate, and take part in management and employee briefings to deliver safety information to include; Food Safety, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid and any statutory, client or venue specific safety requirements
- Ensure all risks are raised and support in the implementation of any actions arising from the risk register and drive continuous improvement
- Contribute to the compliance of all Unit Business Health Check and other audit measures
The Ideal Candidate
Previous experience of delivering operational services in a similar environment
Excellent communication skills
Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
Self motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
Willingness to learn Diageo brands and undertake personal licence qualification
Physical fitness as this role will include manual handling duties
Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
We are looking for a proactive Facilities Assistant to support theAccount Manager in ensuring the daily running of the prestigious office in Bishops Stortford remains operational at all times.
- React to issues and requests in a timely manor
- Complete daily floorwalks
- Ensure the daily and periodical cleaning has been undertaken satisfactory standards by the cleaning personnel.
- Greet Visitors & contractorsin a professional manor
- Receive deliveries
- Distribute post
- Prepare post for collection
- Answer calls & take messages as required
- Place orders stationary orders, prepare order lists for cleaning supplies
- Record, report, resolve issues relating to operations of daily office requirements
- Escort visitors & contractors on site when required
- Demonstrable experiencewithin asimilar rolewithin facilities
- Basic Computer skills such as Lotus Notes, Excel, Word
- The ability to prioritise workload
- Good interpersonal communication and organisational skills
- Reliable and flexible to cope with changes in work as a result of varying demands
- Customer Service Focus
- Good team player with interpersonal skills & a high customer focus. Be flexible and adaptable to change, able to work on own initiative without supervision.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.