Facilities Support Officer
We currently have an opportunity for a Facilities Support Officer to join our team on site. This is a great opportunity for an individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Provide Out of Hours cover of the site Helpdesk/Reception to enable residents to receive prompt support at the point of need
- Monitor CCTV to ensure security of site and prevent unlawful access
- Conduct high visibility pro-active patrols of all parts of the site to reassure residents and identify potential and emerging issues
- Respond to minor maintenance issues, or escalate through the appropriate process for more serious issues, so as to minimise inconvenience to residents
- Manage incidents Out of Hours such as Fire Alarms, Intruders, Anti-Social Behaviour, First Aid etc.
- Provide pastoral support to students in need, or provide appropriate advice on where to seek support
- Conduct routine caretaking responsibilities such as cleaning and ensuring public areas are kept to a high standard, litter picking around site
- Ensure ‘The Hub’ facilities are used appropriately by residents and their guests, and where required litter is collected and all bins emptied
- Liaise with key stakeholders and partner agencies in a courteous, professional manner
- Log all occurences and tasks in the appropriate recording mechanism
- Undertake any relevant personal and professional development as required by the business in support of the role being undertaken
This list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate would be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties in support of the site team as and when required, especially in the event of major incidents that have the potential to endanger the life, building or reputation.
The Ideal Candidate
- SIA Licence (Manned Guarding/Door Supervision)
- First Aid at Work
- A minimum of 2 years Frontline Security Industry Experience
- Experience of working with young people (17 – 25)
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service, preferably within the hospitality or education sectors
- Experience of positively engaging with people from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and nationalities
- Experience of managing difficult situations, such as an angry or distressed customers
- Experience of prioritising tasks and resources in a timely manner
- SIA Licence (CCTV)
- Experience of working within the Higher Education sector
- Experience of investigating serious incidents and dealing with potentially distressing situations
- Experience of working within a similar role
Working at student residential accommodation you will need excellent communication and customer service skills.
SIA Licence is essential.
This position includes some caretaking and cleaning duties.
Permanent nights working full-time.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.