Facilities Operative Team Leader
We currently have an opportunity for a Facilities Operative Team Leader to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To organise and supervise the delivery of the facilities support services within the Zone whilst ensuring customer requirements are met and their needs are anticipated at all times
- Operational supervision of the services provided by the support teams appointed to work within the Zone
- Ensuring that all service requests are allocated, resolved and closed out accordingly
- Engage in local Customer interaction and foster long term profitable relationships.
- To assist the Management Team with recruitment as per the companies policies and procedures
- To assist the Management Team with inductions and training as per the companies requirements - including “great” training packs – in line with the Site training Plan.
- To assist in maintaining accurate, up-to-date personnel records for all staff as per company’s policies and procedures.
- To monitor the performance of staff, carry out Half Yearly & Annual PDR’s where instructed and provide training and coaching as necessary. To monitor absence and keep the GSM and Human Resources Manager informed of these.
- To assist the Management Team in completing the correct payroll paperwork to ensure correct payment is made to all Soft Service staff.
- To hold regular staff meetings and toolbox talks to ensure clear communication within the team, ensuring that they are minuted. Where actions arise from these meetings ensure that they are completed and recognised where possible.
- To meet with the Management team and to produce any stats as requested and assist the GSM in producing reports relating to soft services.
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract.
- Operate in a pro-active manner that supports the Facilities Management service team to anticipate customer needs and affect a can-do attitude
- Support identified Transformational activity.
- Support the zone in meeting the monthly Financial, Quality and Performance targets. Complete related action plans.
- Represent the zone to the requirements of the site and service Comms Cell.
- To monitor compliments and complaints (VOC/ VOP), complete root causing and provide resolution.
- Ensure all communications are timely, accurate and promote Sodexo’s core values
- To provide technical and business ‘best practice’ advice to the Management Team and Implement new procedures and equipment as required.
- Ensure that the Company's, the clients and statutory regulations regarding hygiene, food safety, health & safety and Equal Opportunities are complied with.
- Support, promote and delivery the implementation of the Customer Plan and Customer Service Strategy in all sites.
- Be able to arrange cover due to absences in the Facilities Operative teams, working to provide cover or support as required in line with the Facilities Operative Job Document
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience in a Customer facing role
- Facilities experience
- Good knowledge of various forms of communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- People management experience
- Flexibility within the contracted hours
- Computer literate (Live Meetings, TCs, VTCs)
- Comfortable chairing and facilitating meetings
- Strong team player and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Intuitive and proactive nature
- High moral standards with absolute integrity
- Working to and achieving targets set
- Experience within customer services or a customer-facing environment
1/3 - www.sodexo.com
To co-ordinate and direct all activities within the assigned area across hard FM service.
To ensure that all services provided, adhere to safe systems at work and all legislative requirements
for their areas of expertise, supported by Centre of Excellence, Technical Service Manager and
Delivery of activities agreed in local Account Strategies agreed with the Engineering Manager.
Monitoring of the services delivered to Engineering Manager.
Accountabilities or "what you have to do"
To act upon any reasonable requests from the Supervisors or Managers
To carry out the planned, reactive and general maintenance within a large industrial / commercial
To be accountable for the effective delivery of a professional maintenance service to the client ensuring
Liaising with and organising other operatives/contractors to ensure a consistent and professional
approach and having familiarity with mechanical systems with the ability to carry out minor repairs
associated with said systems.
To manage, update and amend the site Asset register as and when required as per LOP.
To manage/assign and close work orders with the CAFM system as per LOP.
To organise the teams work-load to achieve KPIs.
To be appointed to any relevant AP role upon successful completion of the Safe Systems of Work
course and subsequent formal assessment. Responsibilities there-after to be the management of
the said SSW(s).
To issue Permits to Work within competencies and remit.
To co-operate with the client and employer ensuring that all statutory Health, Safety and Welfare
legislation, is adhered to, including any company or site specific policies and rules.
To be part of the on call rota for breakdown callouts across the site over a routine 7 day period.
To be prepared to work to variable hours Monday – Friday when required based on a 40 hour
To provide assistance to other operatives and contractors when required.
Be able to communicate with the clients staff at all levels.
To attend any other training courses as required.
To plan and develop staff directly reporting to the role.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or "What it will look like when you are doing
the job well"
Complete all work orders as per contractual KPI
Labour productivity management
Unit audit scores
Internal compliance standards
Health & Safety Compliance
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The applicant must have extensive experience and competency with the various types of services
associated with Hard FM.
Hold a formal qualification Level 3 within a relevant field.
To be competent with a CAFM system, ideally Maximo.
SC security clearance or be able to obtain this level of security clearance.
Valid driving licence.
Be of a suitable and appropriate level to understand written instructions and be numerical competent for the role.
First Aid Certificate
Valid IPAF Licence.
Valid IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.