As Facilities Manager for two of our Government Services PFI contract sites within the Fire Service, you'll manage the daily operations ensuring efficient and effective delivery of designated services.
Services at these sites are; Catering, Cleaning, Security, Grounds Maintenance, Janitorial, General Maintenance and Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
An excellent opportunity to showcase your compliance, commercial and financial awareness whilst utilising your strong relationship management skills and authentic leadership, in addition to overall service excellence approach.
We operate in both central and local government.
Our wealth of experience means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs.
In a variety of other public services, including the emergency services, our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce costs to the taxpayer.
- Manage all services offered within the PFI Contract to include Catering, Cleaning, Security, Grounds Maintenance, Janitorial, General Maintenance and on site Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
- Manage all in house personnel & subcontractors assigned to work in the Facilities Department, ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the company quality assurance system
- Maintain regular contact with clients or their representatives and to attend review meetings as appropriate
- Take adequate steps to ensure the security of Company and Client property and monies under your control.
- Compile and agree an annual business plan with your line manager, and to be responsible for achieving all actions
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers, clients and staff.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Provide the client with such information and reports as may be reasonably required for the overall monitoring, planning and control of the contract or for other management purposes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven management of hard and soft FM services including Catering, Cleaning, Security, Grounds Maintenance, Janitorial, General Maintenance and on site Mechanical & Electrical Engineer
- Effective client/stakeholder management
- Proven leadership skills and people management experience including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Previous Budget responsibility - P&L
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar contract / service provider role, ideally within Government contract
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
Competitive salary + benefits including bonus, pension, *starting holiday entitlement of 20 days + statutory (average 8 days), flexible benefits scheme - option to 'buy' additional holidays etc
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.