Facilities Manager (IFM/Technical)
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your facilities management career. We are looking to recruit a broadly skilled Facilities Manager with technical experience, to oversee the delivery of FM services for a PPP School site in Co. Wicklow. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your technical knowledge and develop within a growing IFM business.
This role includes the management of Caretakers, Cleaners and subcontractors to provide a full FM service including planned, preventative and reactive maintenance, caretaking, porterage, additional bank of hours, opening and closing of school, scheduling of resources, cleaning and housekeeping, fire safety, waste control, telecommunications, fire & emergency procedures, landscaping, helpdesk, business continuity management and energy management.
- Act as the interface between the client and Contract Director, ensuring the efficient and compliant delivery of FM services on site.
- Oversee the day to day management of the maintenance and operation of the site
- Lead and develop a team of Caretakers, Cleaners and Sub Contractors
- Deliver operational excellence across all Sodexo services
- Management of the operational procedures and maintenance activities ensuring that all Statutory and Non Statutory planned activities are undertaken within agreed timescales
- Ensure that corrective maintenance and reactive works are carried out within the priority timescales
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturer’s recommendations, HSE recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- To formulate, develop and implement systems that will ensure the school is maintained and operated to their optimum efficiency
- Ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are achieved across the site
The Ideal Candidate
- Broad FM experience, ideally to management level
- Technical background i.e mechanical and/or electrical
- Experience of leading a similar skilled team in a multi-disciplined environment
- A high level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, hygiene, health and safety and general legislative and compliance requirements.
- Subcontractor management experience essential
- Competent in MS Word and excel
- Experience in dealing directly with clients / customers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to communicate at al levels
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.