We currently have an opportunity for a Facilities/Mailroom Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure the efficient delivery collection and sorting of goods and mail
- To assist with accepting deliveries of goods to the site and safe storage of items
- To ensure all incoming mail and goods are checked for suspicious contents via the security scanner and raising any highlighted items which cause concern during/after scanning to the attention of the manager
- Processing all incoming goods and ensure that tracking systems are adhered to
- To ensure all recorded, special delivery and courier mail is delivered and appropriate signatures received
- To be able to handle and lift items of valuable weight utilizing the tools provided
- To be knowledgeable of all mailroom tasks so that at the commencement of the shift the current scheduled activity is supported, without the need for specific direction
- To be capable of performing sorting tasks based on quickly identifying address details and placing the items in the relevant sort bins ready for the next action
- To have sufficient knowledge of the building layout to be able to load a trolley with items in the correct sequence of drop off points and collection points
- To use the radio / pager system on site in a professional manner and to maintain appropriate etiquette at all times
- To check all equipment before use and report defects to manager / supervisor if necessary remove faulty equipment
- Awareness and understanding of correct manual handling procedures, and safe systems of work
- To comply with all Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Ad-hoc duties requested by Management
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a facilities environment
- Ability to implement and adhere to standards, procedures and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work using own initiative
- Health and Safety Experience
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Methodical approach and good eye for detail
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- To be flexible and responsive to changing daily priorities
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.