We currently have an opportunity for an Exhibition Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To provice excellent levels of customer service at all times and interact with customers.
- Operate till and ticketing systems
- Prepare and serve food and beverages
- Maintain good hygeine standards throghout the cafe, whilst complying with health and safety regulations
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills and commitment to delivering the highest levels of customer service
- Good flexibility to work with business needs
- Confident and motivated team player
We are an exhibition on the North Greenwich peninsula, designed to excite, educate and entertain the public around the subject of modern commercial aviation, as well as providing flight experiences on our A380 & B777 simulators.
We are looking for 3 full time Exhibition Assistants to join our team, if you are interested in joining us as part time, please apply through our part time listing.
We are looking for people who have:
- A passion to learn and develop both their visitor services skills and their knowledge and understanding of aviation
- An outgoing individual who will put their personality into their work to give an engaging and interesting experience to the customer
- A willingness to take the initiative to use creative solutions to solve challenges as they arise
- A drive to provide an experience of unmatched quality to each and every customer they encounter
- An ability to utilize these skills across the 3 main areas of the business
Emirates is a company known for their incredibly high levels of standards and, as representatives of the Emirates brand, we strive to demonstrate that same level of care and attention with every product we serve. We want to be known for serving the perfect cup of coffee, not just the fastest.
Our shop offers a unique opportunity in the form of branded Emirates products that are not sold anywhere else in the UK, as well as products that promote local designers and artists.
Your retail responsibilities will include:
- Approaching and assisting visitors to the shop, whilst maintaining the visual merchandising of the products
- Production, stock maintenance and sale of products in the café
- Showcasing a deep understanding of the art of coffee making by producing drinks that have been made with care and passion
The beginning of many visitors journey at the Aviation Experience will be with our staff greeting customers at the door or selling and redeeming tickets at our ticket office. As such it is imperative that they are met with a bright, informative and engaging introduction to their journey.
We do not only showcase knowledge of our site but also of the local area, as well as major London tourist attractions and landmarks.
Your ticketing responsibilities will include:
- Operating the tills and ticketing systems – redeeming, selling and upselling to maximise ticket revenue
- Introducing the customer to their aviation journey in a bright, informative and engaging way
Though the information displayed on site will educate the public, it is our interactions that bring the exhibition to life. We interact with all our visitors to help in their educational journey, supported by the bronze, silver and gold level exhibition specific knowledge and flight simulator training courses.
We offer 30 minute and 60 minute flight experiences on our fixed base A380 and B777 simulators, all staff are trained as instructors and lead sessions, tailored to the wants and needs of the customers, to give an experience like no other.
Your visitor services responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with the public to bring excitement and entertainment to their journey through the exhibition
- Giving tours to members of the general public to tell the story of modern commercial aviation
- Instructing visitors during their flight experience, with each session tailored to the wants and needs of each customer
- Assisting the Education department with education programs from primary school level, up to university level and SEN groups
Successful candidates will receive a 2 week training course including level 1 health & safety and food safety training, full café and barista training, as well as an introduction to the bronze level flight simulator and exhibition specific knowledge training courses, which must be completed within your first 12 weeks of employment.
All employees are expected to continue their development of knowledge and skills and will work towards gold level in both the flight simulator and exhibition specific knowledge, as well as receiving regular competency checks.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.