Executive Head Chef
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your culinary career across a two University campuses based in Richmond and Kensington. In this role, you will join the senior management team for Richmond American University, overseeing food offer development, daily food production and hospitality services. The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with similar culinary experience, overseeing a large site or multi-site operation.
- Lead the delivery and production for food/hospitality services for a large University contract, ensuring the delivery of quality food services for students and customers.
- Lead, develop and engage a brigade of 5 Chefs (inc a Head Chef) and Kitchen Porters to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop the food offering and the engineering of menus and innovation for the contract
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Develop long term profitable relationships with our new clients and customers
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a senior Chef or Executive Chef role, ideally within volume catering across a large site
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to engage, develop and inspire teams
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Entrepreneurial approach to owning your business area
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
Working Monday to Friday hours only
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.