Executive Head Chef
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your senior culinary career in a prestigious environment with access to high quality facilities. In this role, you will join the senior management team at high profile independent school and provide team leadership and development, food offer engineering and oversee daily food production/core feeding across a large site with multiple venues and high volumes.
The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with strong people management and high level of craft skill and innovation.
Learn more about our Independent Schools business: http://www.independentsbysodexo.com/
- Lead the delivery and production of quality food for the school. This includes two kitchens, two dining halls, a sports pavilion and outlets for up to 1400 students
- Oversee the management of a large team of Kitchen Porters, Chef De Parties and a Head Chef and providing coaching, development and training when required.
- Deliver a high quality hospitality offering which includes functions, theme days, summer camp and formal sit down dinners and fine dining
- The engineering of menus and food innovation for the school, design functions, themes and develop the core food offering
- Ensure that we deliver food and service that is of a high standard, meets company and client expectation in accordance with current legislation
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in an Executive Head Chef role
- Excellent managerial skills and experience of managing a large catering operation
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau (UK) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.